ICT Engineer – Telecoms
Datasharp Integrated Communications
Location – Bristol / Bath / Southern UK
Datasharp Integrated Communications is an established, dynamic and successful telecoms and ICT company. We are one of the longest-standing and well respected solution providers in the UK and are looking to recruit a confident and knowledgeable ICT engineer who is looking to expand and develop their skills in the telecoms arena.
Telecoms is quickly becoming more IT based so we are looking for a candidate with strengths in IT to expand our skill set.
You will have experience in the high tech environment, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Working with large SME’s and small corporate companies, we provide services in the VOIP, PBX and data communications fields. Your experience should also include a successful track record of working on multiple cases within the same time period.
The ideal candidate will be living in South Gloucestershire, Avon, BANES, Somerset or Wiltshire and happy to travel when required.
• Focus on rapid identification and resolution of customer issues
• Answer questions and perform initial triage on problem reports
• Document each customer interaction using our Helpdesk ticket management system
• Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
• Provide ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of progress toward problem resolution
• Participate in the creation of proactive measures to anticipate and/or remove the need for traditional service and support
• Liaise with Manufacturer or supplier tech support services
• Technical assistance for hardware, software and/or applications
• Working with Colleagues to create and update technical documentation
• Providing onsite installation and other professional services as needed
• Meet various SLA requirements based on measurable metrics
• Participate in out of hours and on call support
• Happy to travel as and when required. You will primarily be based in the Bristol and Bath area but will cover South West and Southern UK. Occasional support work throughout the country and on international sites will also be required
Skills and Experience:
• Experience with Routers, Firewalls, Network switches, Windows Servers 2008 or 2012 with other OS experience
• Experience with VMware, Terminal Services and Citrix.
• Knowledge of packet capturing with Wireshark
• Knowledge of Email/SMTP and Microsoft Office 365
• Industry experience/knowledge of Data Networking and knowledge of Telephony protocols and interfaces, E1, PRI, QSIG, and analog trunking
• A complete understanding of the technologies and protocols that are required to deploy and manage a distributed architecture e.g., numerous devices connected across an IP network
• Knowledge, understanding, and practical application of basic computer systems including disk management, file systems, memory management and related concepts
• Knowledge, understanding and practical application of technologies, protocols, and related standards including layer 3 switching (OSI model), TCP/IP, Ethernet, LAN, WAN, and IP routers
• A basic understanding of CAT5e and Cat6 cabling and the ability to/or learn to install, terminate and test occasionally.
• Knowledge of telephony is advantageous, but training can be provided
• HP Switch experience
• A working knowledge of VoIP and SIP, related protocols and standards
• Experience with ShoreTel, UNIFY/Siemens HiPath 3000, Openscape Office and Openscape Business, LG Ericsson, Nortel BCM and OAK products
• Experience of UC software and Video Conference
• Experience/knowledge of the Contact Centre environment, including call flow, CTI integration, Call Recording, Reporting and Work Force Management
• Must be a team player with excellent collaborative skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• Fast learner with the ability to come up to speed rapidly on new technologies