1. SMEs are now the prime target for Ransomware
“Smaller to mid-size businesses have not historically been the target of cybercrime but in 2015 something drastically changed,” says Toni Allen, UK head of client propositions at the British Standards Institute (BSI). Enterprise-level businesses now employ significant network security policy, making them harder to penetrate.
Typically, SMEs purchase network security hardware when they feel it’s appropriate. The problem is that emerging threats and changes in tactics by cybercriminals make it hard to stay ahead of the security curve.
2. The surge of SSL network traffic
Cybercriminals are now using encrypted traffic streams to hide malware. This creates a blind spot in any traditional firewall that either cannot inspect SSL or cannot inspect without it severely affecting performance
- These under-the-radar hacks affected at least 900 million users in 2015.
- In the last year there has been 77% increase in HTTPS traffic
- This growth set to continue
- Non-SSL inspection firewalls are ineffective
- Creates Massive hole in security
- Industry recommends action should be taken
3. Proliferation of zero-day threats
New malware will not have a signature so can penetrate traditional Firewalls. Signature-based firewalls will only block malware that has been previously seen.
- In 2015 Dell Security Research Labs identified 64 million unique malware samples. This is a 73% increase compared with 2014, more than triple the number in 2013.
How can you stay ahead of the curve with Firewall as a Service (FWaaS)?
Firewall as a Service (FWaaS), recently recognized by Gartner as a high impact emerging technology in infrastructure protection presents a new opportunity to reduce cost, complexity and deliver a better overall security for the business.
At Datasharp we partner with Sonicwall, a market leader in Unified Threat Management (UTM) and associated technologies.
For one simple monthly payment, we will supply all hardware, licensing, installation, support and consultancy to ensure your business is protected.
- Never buy another firewall
- Never fall behind the network security and UTM curve
- Entrust your business security to an established solution provider